Book Club Questions for The Reaper
“The Hook,” “The Book,” and “The Cook,” are terms frequently used in the book publishing industry. In this case, “The Hook” relates to a character that drew you into the story. “The Book” poses questions about specific scenes or characters. “The Cook” refers to questions you would ask the author about the story. If you want to learn more about “The Cook” and his books, subscribe to Rob Jung’s newsletter, The View from Middle Spunk Creek, at www.robjungwriter.com.
- Which of the characters would you like to have lunch with?
- What’s the first question you would want to ask her/him?
- If you were a casting director for a movie, whom would you cast as your lunch partner?
- In your own words, describe your lunch partner, both in physical appearance and psychological makeup.
- In real life, what do you think actually happened to the painting called The Reaper?
- Did you like the “two stories in one book” format of The Reaper? Why/Why Not?
- The Reaper ends with a “cliff hanger”. Did you find the ending (a) satisfying, (b) aggravating, or (c) scintillating?
- If five stars are “great” and one star is “awful”, how many stars would you give The Reaper? [Please feel free to leave a review on Amazon, Bookbub and/or Goodreads].
- If you could ask the author one question about the book, what would it be? [If you’d like an answer, email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- Rob’s books always address an underlying social theme. What do you think that theme is in The Reaper?